APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2017
Sponsor: State Employee’s Credit Union
Amount: $10,000 Scholarship
- Must be a senior attending a NC regular public high school.
- Must be a US Citizen and resident of NC.
- Must be attending one of the 16 UNC system universities.
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Must have demonstrated leadership, excellence of character, integrity, and community involvement.
- An essay: Write an essay between 250-500 words describing how you demonstrate the SECU Foundation’s motto, “People Helping People.” This essay should be doubled space, using Times New Romans font, and print size 12. Please submit your essay along with your application. Your essay will be judged, and the finalist will be the winner of the SECU Foundation Scholarship.
Preference will be given to students whose parents or guardians and family members are public sector employees who live and work in North Carolina.
Application available: See Ms. McGuire for a hardcopy or download the app here; Turn in to your counselor or Ms. McGuire.