APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2017
Sponsor: The Tau Theta Zeta chapter of Zeta Phi Beta
- Be an African-American female high school senior expecting to receive a high school diploma by June, 2017 and attend college in Fall, 2017
- Attend a public high school within the Charlotte-Mecklenburg County public school system
- Be accepted for enrollment with the intention of attending a post-secondary institution approved by Tau Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc
- Be a US citizen
- Have a minimum weight GPA of 3.2
- Demonstrate community involvement/volunteerism
- A 200-250 word essay on one of the two following topics:
- What do you hope to achieve in your personal and professional life and how will the completion of a college education help you to reach those goals?
- Discuss the importance of literacy in the African-American community. Include ways to promote literacy, obstacles that are impeding literacy and what you can do to impact the literacy rate?
Application Available: Get a hard copy from Ms. McGuire or download it here.