APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 15, 2017
Summary: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., the Rho Psi Omega Chapter, is offering for the 2016-2017 academic year, college scholarships to African American male and female high school seniors currently enrolled in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS), Charter & Private Mecklenburg County Schools. Eligible students must attend, beginning Fall 2017, an accredited four-year Historical Black College or University (HBCU). The Rho Psi Omega Chapter provides scholarships to continue our commitment to cultivating and encouraging high scholastic standards.
Sponsor: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. – Rho Psi Omega Chapter
- African American male or female
- High school senior currently enrolled in CMS.
- Must attend an accredited four-year HBCU beginning Fall 2017
- Proof of SAT score of 1300 0r higher or ACT score of 18 or higher
- Proof of an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 2 page written speech on: “If you had the authority to change your community in a positive way, what specific changes would you make? Why?”
How to apply: Download the application here or see Ms. McGuire for a hardcopy.
More information: If you have any questions, please contact Cynthia Murray, Scholarship Committee Chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.