APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2017
Sponsor: West Charlotte High School National Alumni Association
Amount: $5,000 for four years
- Eligible students must have demonstrated financial need, as established by Alumni guidelines. Recipient will be chosen based on grades, essay, interview, parental income, institution cost and (difficulty) of academic curriculum.
- Eligible students must have maintained a 2.5 GPA or better average through their senior year, demonstrate college potential, and have a good citizenship record.
- Eligible students must enroll in a degree or diploma program at an accredited college, university or vocational school.
- Additional consideration will be given to students who have participated in extracurricular activities, and have contributed services to their various communities and/or demonstrated good work habits.
Procedures for Nomination and Selection
- Complete the WCHSNAA Scholarship application.
- Submit a typed essay of “What the WCHSNAA Scholarship Means To Me and My Future,” not to exceed two pages. (If essay exceeds two pages, your application will not be accepted).
- Provide three letters of recommendations (not relatives), not to exceed one page.
- Provide current copy of transcript. (See guidance counselor).
- Provide parents and applicants current Federal Income Tax Forms and other records of money earned. Please make sure all social security numbers are blacked out on these forms for security reasons.
- Return all information to Guidance Counselor by Friday, March 31st 2017
- The Scholarship Committee will notify you about the date, location and time of an interview.
How to apply: Download the application here or get a hardcopy from Ms. McGuire.