APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 7, 2017
Sponsor: Queen City Rams Alumni Chapter
- The scholarship is limited to graduating seniors enrolled in Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, and Gaston County Schools.
- The student’s application will not be considered if he/she has received a full or partial scholarship from Winston-Salem State University that covers tuition, books, fees, room, and board. The scholarship committee reserves the right to verify this information with the university directly.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or will have graduated from such school prior to the enrollment date of the fall semester of the year for which selection is made.
- The recipient must have a cumulative weighted high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or higher.
- Applicants must complete the attached application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified and will not be reviewed by the scholarship committee. No exceptions.
- A sealed official copy of a high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores must accompany the application.
- Applicants must submit a typed 350-word minimum essay stating how your future goals exemplify Winston-Salem State University’s motto, “Enter to Learn, Depart to Serve.”
- A listing of all extra-curricular or community service activities the applicant is involved in, listing offices held, years of participation and responsibilities. Attach additional sheets if necessary.
- Two letters of recommendation are required from a faculty member, employer or public service provider.
Each letter must include the following information:
- Name and title of person writing the letter of recommendation.
- State the length of time and in what capacity the person has known the applicant.
- Applicant’s personal characteristics
- Stating any public service activities the applicant has been involved with.
- Letter must be on stationary representing the school or department that person recommending student works with.
How to apply: Download the application here or see Ms. McGuire for a hardcopy.
More info: If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact email@example.com.