College Planning Timeline
- Pick the right mix of classes
- Make the Grade
- Visit your Counselor and College Advisor
- Take the PSAT
- Take on new roles in your extracurricular activities
- Stay on track with your classes and grades.
- Seriously start thinking about your next step after graduation.
- Take the ACT.
- Make a list of at least 4 colleges that you plan to apply to
- Satisfy any athletic requirements. Make sure you’re on track if you plan to play sports in college (i.e. Clearinghouse)
- Visit Colleges
- Continue to Visit Schools.
- Apply to at least 4 schools.
- Meet with your College Advisor
- Take standardized tests (i.e. SAT , ACT)
- Ask for letters of recommendation
- Complete Applications
- Scholarships, Scholarships, Scholarships!
- Submit your FAFSA as close to October 1st as possible.
- Pick a school.
Do you have more questions about this topic? Contact Ms. McGuire.